History and News
- 16 Jan 1994: Proclamation of Restoration of the Independent and Sovereign Nation-State of Hawai'i and adoption of a "Constitution" by the Unanimous Consent in a Convention in Honolulu.
- 27 Nov 1993: U.S. President William J. Clinton signs an "Apology Resolution" of the U.S. Congress.
- 18 March 1959: "Statehood Admissions Act" makes Hawaii the 50th state of the U.S.A.
- 30 April 1900: "Hawaiian Organic Act" provides a Government for the territory of Hawaii.
- 7 July 1898: "Newlands Resolution" of U.S. Congress provides for annexing the Hawaiian Islands to the United States.
- 18 Dec 1893: U.S. President Grover Cleveland acknowledges violation of Hawaiian sovereignty and calls for a restoration of Hawaiian monarchy (which never happened).
- 17 Jan 1893: Official protest of Queen Liliuokalani after the Kingdom of Hawaii is overthrown by non-Hawaiian residents in conspiration with the U.S.A.
- 1826: U.S.A. recognizes independence of the Kingdom of Hawaii.
- 1778: Rediscovery and arrival of the first Europeans.
- 1555: First discovery by Spanish explorers.
For methodology see:
Comparing Constitutions and International Constitutional Law.
1994 - May 26th, 2010
/ For corrections please contact