The Constitution has been significantly amended in October 1998 by inserting a new Chapter VIII on fundamental rights. That chapter replaces the 1991 Constitutional Law about the Rights and Obligations of a Citizen and a Person; the old document is still available as an ICL edition.
History and News
- 1998: Amendment to the 1922/1991 constitution inserting a new Chapter VIII on fundamental rights.
- 1991: Amendment to the 1922 constitution providing for basic rights and freedoms.
- 6 Sep 1991: Independence from Soviet Union.
- 1922: First constitution adopted.
- 18 Nov 1918: Independence day.
For methodology see:
Comparing Constitutions and International Constitutional Law.
1994 - 27.6.2020
/ For corrections please contact