With a population dominated by a strong Catholic majority (95%), Catholicism is the state religion in Costa Rica.
History and News
- 1994: Jose Marma Figueres becomes President
- 1987: President Arias receives the Nobel Prize for Peace.
- 1949: New Constitution and proscription of the army.
- 1856: The military filibuster William Walker is defeated.
- 1821: Costa Rica becomes an independent state.
- 1502: "Discovery" by Columbus.
For methodology see:
Comparing Constitutions and International Constitutional Law.
1994 - 27.6.2020
/ For corrections please contact